Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving and a new cousin

I spent this Thanksgiving at my first cousin Kelly Martin's house with most of my Mom's side of the family. He fried up a turkey, and there was quite a spread of food to go with it. His wife delivered a baby 2 days later - Sydney Jean Martin, 7 lb.-3oz. 19". Congratulations!!!

Work resumed on my Alabama Marble "Falling Star". I temporarily pinned the sculpture to the slab preform that will be part of the base. I did this so that I could work both sides and finish most of the carving. I had Meg stand next to it for scale - it will be 8-1/2 feet high when finished. You can see some of the negative spaces that pierce the form.
This is the back side. I'm very happy with the way this piece is turning out. Saturday, I laid the piece down again and moved it inside for polishing. They're calling for snow tomorrow, so I moved the pieces for the base inside, as well. I'm changing the base from the rendition to the right; it's going to be a surprise.
I listed my large hand on ebay Friday night. It is item # 290278931605, check it out!
This is a new sculpture entitled "Yesterday" that will be listed on ebay, starting Monday night.

No comments: