Saturday, August 3, 2013

Return To The Ecliptic

Temperatures have taken an unexpected and pleasant turn from heat indexes of 103 and 106 to highs in the 70's and low 80's.  This is not typical for Kentucky in late July...but, I'm not complaining.
 This is the image that I last posted of the pre-form for the left arm of Meg's "Discovery" commission.
 She took it over and made GREAT progress during this cool weather.
 That pretty much "opened the door" for me to return to my own work.
 Earlier in the year, (when we had a crane out for Meg's commission) I'd stood up the block for my sculpture "Ecliptic".  I haven't worked on this piece since December.
 I went at it with a vengeance!
 This is an alternate view of the piece before I resumed work...
...and here you can see that I'm using a plywood template to create the largest sphere in the sculpture.  Temperatures are forecast to stay moderate and comfortable - we both plan to make the most of it!

No comments: