Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Fledgling and Some Cool Coons

The second week in July was incredibly hot, with temperatures over 100 degrees.
I began my days early to beat the heat. I made this thumbnail clay sketch while drinking coffee one morning.
Then, I traced the design onto a likely piece of Indiana Limestone.
It gradually took shape.
This is its final form. It is entitled "Fledgling" and was inspired by a second batch of Warblers that had been successfully raised in a cabinet inside the stone studio.
It measures 26" long x 16" wide x 12" high and weighs about 60 lbs. This large stone vessel will sell for about $480.00.
In the afternoons, I stayed inside and filled out public art applications. What's this right outside the window? (photo Meg White)
There are 3 babies and their mom. (photo Meg White)
They took over the fountain and kept coming back all afternoon. With temperatures at 103 degrees, can you blame them? (photo Meg White)

No comments: