Saturday, February 24, 2018

Winter Projects

This winter, I spent mostly indoors; working on designs for large sculptures in the mornings and making home improvements in the afternoons.  On occasions where it got above freezing (or I was completely stir-crazy), I ventured into the studio and made some small pieces.
 This vessel in Indiana Limestone was actually made 7-13-17.  I've been enjoying it in my house and hadn't been in a hurry to post pictures.   It's titled "Cozy", measures 8"H x 12"W x 6"D and sells for $480.00.
 The first sculpture of the new year was made from KY River Marble and is titled "KY Sprout", finished 1-30-18, measuring 9"H x 7"W x 6"D and sells for $480.00.
 This is the back view.  I love the "Copperhead" pattern in this stone.  It's VERY difficult to get pieces of this material.
 This was a small study for what could be a monolithic sculpture.  It is titled "Ring Seed", carved from GA Pink Marble, finished 1-31-18, measuring 7"H x 5"W x 2"D and was given as a graduation present.
 ...a back view...
 ...and alternate side view.
 This vessel form in TN Pink Marble is called "Sparks", finished 2-9-18, measuring 4"H x 12"W x 8"D and sells for $400.00.
 This is my favorite out of the series.  It is "Ascent" carved from AL Marble, finished 2-16-18, measuring 11"H x 8"W x 6"D and sells for $680.00.
 ...and an alternate view.
 This is the last piece created in the series and is called "Harvest".  It is carved from ID Travertine, finished 2-18-18, measuring 13"H x 11"W x 5"D and sells for $480.00
...and this is an alternate view.

I have also snuck in a few days on a new outdoor piece, but there isn't enough progress worth posting at this time.  Spring is on its way, which means that I'll soon be starting a new season of large outdoor sculptures. (The ones that I've been making drawings and models for, during these cold winter days).

No comments: