Wednesday, December 27, 2017

2017 at a glance

2017 had some rough patches and one particularly big "Downer"; overall, it was fairly productive...
 During the cold months of January and February, I stayed inside and made "home improvements" (file this under "who cares"...)
I also made 8 photo books from Shutterfly.  They averaged 80 pictures per book and it is a decent hard copy archive of the first 23 years of my career.  I still have 11 years more to archive...(makes me tired...) 


 Between February and July, I carved a buffalo for Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, KY.
 Mid-June, I had a small bench commission.
 June, July and August, I created this "Daydreamer Bench" from a 6,000 lb. block of Indiana Limestone.
 This is the view from the other side...
 August, September and October, I made this "Magic Carpet Bench" from another 6,000 lb. piece of stone.
 ...and the view from the other side...
 Toward the end of the year, I carved this sculpture of "Kissers".
 ...and another view of that piece.
 I finished the year out working on "Hope" which is 4-1/2' in diameter and started out at 5,000 lbs.
This side view shows me how much more work it'll take to finish this piece...when the temperatures come back above freezing.... sometime next year...

No comments: