Sunday, June 5, 2016

Rolling on the Floor

I've spent all week making progress with the Cincinnati Virgin Mary sculpture.  I've rolled her around at least 6 times, in order to get to the side that needs work.
 This is the picture that I posted last Sunday...
 ...and this is how she looks today, 1 week later.
 This is the view of the other side...
 ...and this is the front view.  It's hard to get perspective with the piece lying on the floor.  I'm going to figure some safe way to stand her up for the final thinning. 
 Tomorrow, I plan on refining her hands.
 This is a comparison between the sub-base last weekend and today.  It is now 11-3/4" x 11-3/4".
 I've also made the first of 4 sanding passes and have added the chamfers and bevels.
 This is a view of the halo last Sunday...
 ...and this is the halo today.  It's much better, but it still has to be thinned to the final form.
Then, ending today's updates with the obligatory nature picture.  I've lost my fountain to the cat tails and coons (...but hey...they can have it...)

No comments: