Wednesday, April 29, 2015

All Work and No Play...

...is not a phrase that could ever be applied to me.
 However...I've changed this...
 ...to this - in a relatively short time.  (and my arms are sore as hell!)
 This is what the other side looks like, today.
 From the side, you can see that it's not as symmetrical as it looks from the front or back views.  I'm slowly carving it to have some nice sweeping curves.
 This was such a short post that I decided to pad it with a couple pictures from my trip to Dubuque earlier this month.  It took every bit of boom, jib and extension that this 50 ton crane had to reach my sculpture.
It was a very long trip home with this heavy, heavy payload - I never was able to get above 60 miles per hour.  Also, I stopped at every rest area...(to let the tires cool, rest my white knuckles and try to unclench my backside).  Not something that I want to try again any time soon.

No comments: