Sunday, May 30, 2010

successful 2010 sculpture show @ yew dell

The opening for the 3rd annual Yew Dell Outdoor Sculpture Show was this last Friday from 5-8 p.m. Meg will do a detailed posting of the pieces that have already sold in a day or 2 on her blog. I'll show 4 images from the opening, but first....

This week, with the new compressor up and running, I was able to finish "Promise".

This is an alternate view, as you move around the piece.

This is the back side. As I get better images, I'll post them on the 'Stone Sculptures For Sale' blog.

For me, the real showstopper at the Yew Dell show this year was this glass ladder by Casey Hyland.

I had a chance to congratulate Amanda Matthews, who had recently won a public art competition at Georgetown College. The other finalists in the open competition were myself, Craig Kaviar and Matt weir.

We saw so many friends and colleagues - it was a bit overwhelming. This is David Schwartz, who we've known for years and years.

Meg sold "Demeter" at the opening. More about the Yew Dell show to come in future posts.

1 comment:

RJ said...

You really worked on your brevity with this post because I can imagine having a ton to write about after that show. Very neat place and lots of interesting art.

Also, congrats! I'm glad we were able to see Demeter in person before she sold. That may have been my showstopper. I keep picturing building a new home and having Demeter being fitted in as a part of the structure somehow.