Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Finalist for NY & Buckethead turns 50

I am 1 of 6 finalists for a public art commission in New York.
 If I get the commission, I will carve it from this 35,000 lb. block of Indiana Limestone.
 I'm also very happy to have finished this functional sculpture titled "Resonate Journey".
 As you move around the piece...
 This is the back view...
 This sculpture absorbed day... after day...
 … after day... after day... (I thought that I'd never get it finished!)
Monday May 13, a very good friend scored me 2 free tickets to see Buckethead at the Louisville Palace.  I'm a HUGE fan with many albums and even having paid premium for an autographed copy of one of his "Pikes".  It turns out that it was his 50th birthday!  The concert had a Halloween theme with LOTS of people in costume - I'm sure because of the mask that he wears which he saw in the Halloween movies.  Also, being held in Kentucky because he wears a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket on his head (thus the name...).  The concert started with the Louisville Drum Corp coming in from the back.  They all wore masks and buckets on their heads, too.  They were perfect as a lead-in to the 2-1/2 hour (LOUD!!!) birthday performance. (…and people thought I was weird for going on a 4 mile cave tour for my 50th birthday...)

No comments: