Monday, February 18, 2019

Ocean Font

This has been a mild winter, but it's been unusually wet and rainy.  So, I've spent most of my time inside the studio working on "Enthusiasm".  I will move it outside and post pictures of it later this week.
 I also found time to try some of the marble that we brought back from Sylacauga, Alabama a few years ago.  This piece is called "Ocean Font", and it is a study for a monumental spherical piece that I will do later this year in Indiana Limestone.
 … as you move around to the right...
 … and continuing around...
 It measures 15" in diameter by 8" high...
 … and weighs approx. 69 lbs.
 It will sell for $1,800.00.
 This is the top view.  It has been polished so that it's enjoyable to touch as well as look upon.
Then, ending this post with an outdoor image:  someone on Hwy 144 put fertilizer after harvesting corn to send a friendly message to passing folks.  (I think the land owner is a distant relative on my grandfather Barger's side? or his neighbor?)

No comments: