Friday, June 16, 2017

Birthday Bench and Birthday Waterfalls

The theme for this week was "birthdays"....
 Monday, Meg used her crane truck to deliver my bench to a private residence in Louisville.
 It was a commission to celebrate a milestone birthday - which happened to be the day before mine.
 This is the back view of the bench.
 Thursday was my 56th birthday.  Meg and I went to Clifty Falls State Park near Madison, Indiana.  This is Big Clifty Falls - 1 of 4 big waterfalls in the park.
 This is Tunnel Falls.  If you can see the 2 people at the left edge of the pool (1 has a black shirt, the other carrying a child), it will help you to get a sense of the scale.
 I enjoyed stumbling through the long, dark railroad tunnel near Tunnel Falls.

Afterwards, we ate at The Red Pepperoni in Madison, IN where we found THE best pizza; artichoke sauce with onions, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella.  Unbelievable!
 Before heading home, we went north of town on 421 and stopped at a road cut to look for fossils.
These are the best from what I found in a short time: horn corals, a gastropod and a selection of brachiopods.  This is how I like to spend my birthdays!

No comments: