Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March 2020

March is when it all went to HELL.  Our show at the fairgrounds was a BUST!  There's a good chance that the show in Berea will be the same.  Meg had a show in Texas cancelled - and we haven't seen the end of it yet.  I'd made it through my 36th winter as a full-time stone sculptor.  But, when people can't buy bread, eggs, meat or toilet paper - who's buying art?!!!  I'm not worried about myself - "country boys can survive"  - and all that kind of stuff.  There are people who will lose EVERYTHING.  I pray that nobody that I know will lose their life...
 I'll admit, this whole thing has knocked the wind out of me.  Not much that I can do... so I took it out on a rock.  Above is a picture of "Now" taken last summer.
 Here's the current state of that piece.  It'll look better when it's finished and I clean the dark tree mold stain off the rest of the piece.
 Then, looking at the back view...
 ... and how it looked in the fall...
... and how it looked in the winter of 2014.
It's hard to feel motivated about creating art when everything is so crazy.  But, I'm not going to sit around and worry...
This isn't a time for drinking,
it's a time for thinking...
and I haven't a clue
what else to do...

No comments: