Tuesday, March 31, 2020

February 2020

During the month of February, I worked steady and was looking forward to a good year.  I was creating a back-log of new designs for the coming season.  Both Meg and myself were coming up with some of the best sculpture ideas in our lives.  Things were still looking up...
 I had some warm days and was able to create this 44" x 13" x 13" garden sculpture.
 It's called "Firebird Sprout" and was inspired by the regenerative properties of the Phoenix.
 This is a particularly "flinty" variety of Indiana Limestone from Reed Quarry in Bloomington and has a combined total weight of 101 lbs.
 Meg used her crane truck to move the small bench to the larger bench.  They really belonged together.
 So, now I have a new sculpture called "Mother & Child".
 A huge portion of the month was used to get ready for doing the Home & Garden Show at the KY State Fairgrounds on Feb. 28,29 and March 1.  We'd always had pretty good luck with this and the Fred Wiche shows.  In fact, Meg and I met at this show 29 years ago...
I was also really looking forward to being in a small group show in Berea with 8 other stone sculptors.  I'd always had pretty good luck in Berea - they'd sold everything that I ever took to them...

.... and then came March.  Beware the Ides...

No comments: