Thursday, August 12, 2021

JUNE 2021

June was productive but fairly low key - as I stayed behind my locked gate and carved stone most of the time.
On June 10, I made the trip to Champaign, IL to deliver this functional sculpture that was permanently acquired by the Parks Dept. I also picked up 2 sculptures that were on a 2 year lease and now due to come back home.  It was basically a reverse of the installation as shown in this blog post

On June 11, Dereck Sheroan of JBB, Inc. brought the crane out to my studio to unload the 2 leased pieces.  This is "Stepping Out"....
... and this is "Daydreamer Bench".
Another view of that piece.
This skink hung out for the whole crane lift - curious, I guess.
I had a chance to spend a little time with one of the people involved in the Public Art League while I was up in Illinois.  His name is Eric Robeson, but he goes by Jet Sterling with an hour-long program on the local university radio station.  He sent this CD and a sticker.
Here's the playlist on the back side.  I sent him Disorganized Fun by Ronald Jenkees who is a musician local to my area.
On June 15, I turned 60.  Normally, I'd make this a big deal and would be off on a grand adventure.  However, I played it cool and stayed home.  Meg bought a cake, 2 lbs. of shrimp and this package of raw oysters from our local Krogers.
What are the odds of finding not one, but THREE pearls - on my birthday, no less!!!
 

No comments: