Saturday, May 7, 2022

APRIL 2022

Happy Kentucky Derby Day!!!
My main activity for April was a commission for a couple who lived in Indianapolis.  This is "Memory Blossom" and is carved from a 300 lb. block of Indiana Limestone.

This is the back view of the piece.  It measures 24"W x 19"H x 10"D and has a final weight of 130 lbs.

I also found time to create this bench in Indiana Limestone called "Twin Geysers".  It measurtes 52"W x 19"H x 16"D.  I have sold and delivered this piece along with the bench that I made last month of 2 mushrooms.

Speaking of sales... I sold this large sculpture "Harmony" to the City of Indianapolis, IN

Here's the back view.  It had been on lease to White River State Park for about 5 years before they acquired it.  
Indiana Limestone, 8'H x 4'W x 2'D

I also sold this large sculpture to the City of Lexington, KY.  
"River of Music" Bench, Indiana Limestone 9'W x 4'H x 2'D

It had been on an 18 month lease before they acquired the piece.

One day, we took off work and went for a walk-about in Yellowbank Wildlife Area to Big Cave Hollow.  We need to get out more often...
 

No comments: