Thursday, June 4, 2020

MAY 2020

Kentucky didn't officially open back up for business until May 11 (some states are still closed!)  I stayed busy all month.  Rainy days were taken up with various on-line marketing opportunities
- which will probably come to nothing...
I spent all the pretty days outside working on my huge and elaborately carved pair of hands.
 Here's what it looked like this morning...
 ... and another view with Ms. Catrina for scale.  It's approaching the final touches (I think).
 I sold 3 pieces this month!  For 37 years, I've had no other job but carving stone sculptures - and this virus shutdown has made me quite apprehensive about the future.  These sales have made a hugely positive difference in my state-of-mind.  Above is "Rolling On".
 I also sold  "Cozy"...
 ... and "Ascent" in white Alabama Marble.
I made a stone circle with 12 garden-sized sculptures.  They look like a "fairy circle" popping up in the lawn.  It would look great if I had a drone to see it from above...  It is hard to get a sense of it from the photo, but there is an impressive "feel" to it in person.

No comments: