Sunday, September 30, 2018

"Profusion" and 3 smaller stone sculptures

It was rainy for quite a bit of September, so I made some smaller sculptures inside the studio instead of working on large pieces outdoors.
 This 58" tall piece came literally out of nowhere.  I woke up one morning and... with barefeet, bed hair and before breakfast... I put this design down on paper.  It is called "Profusion" and is a warm-up piece for the next big project called "Fruition".
 Here's the back view.  This project was...Manic.  I flew into it hard and went right through it at full speed.  (I'm paying the price for that this weekend... ).
 This is a functional sculpture titled ""Flutter".
 It is Indiana Limestone, measures 16" x 13" x 15" high and weighs 62 lbs.
 This strange piece is called "A Little Bit of Soul" and has an inlay of Alabama Marble.
 It measures 17" x 12" x 14"High and weighs 76 lbs!
 In the background, you can see "Shackleton" toddling off to bed after filling his belly on dogfood that I "spilled".
 This piece is called "Akin" and is a variation on an old piece called "Two Leaves".
 It measures 17" x 15" x 6" high and weighs 31 lbs.   !!!SOLD!!!
Is this a painting of grey-toned geometric shapes that I saw hanging in a museum of modern art? (or is it my kitchen ceiling at night?)

No comments: